Thanks to a pointer by Peggy over at ·:[ Blabber Heads ]:·, I looked into BloggersFuel.com, a coffee bean site run by Boca Java. They have a publicity deal whereby I filled out an application for them to send me a "Bloggers Review Pack" of beans, along with a couple of other promotional things, in exchange for mentioning them on my blog and reviewing their beans. I had kind of forgotten about it when the box from them showed up on my doorstep yesterday.
And plenty of cool stuff it is! Six 8oz bags of their coffees, a nice hat and a big mug. Unfortunately, as you can see from the picture, the handle of the mug got pretty well shattered during shipping :-( I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but it's such a nice looking mug I'm going to ask for a replacement. This is some cool viral marketing, if you ask me.
The six coffee bags, and the blurbs on the front, are:
- Blogger's Pajama Passion "Life's short, blog hard." : Blog the night away with this exotic flavored coffee featuring vanilla, Kahlua and caramel.
- Blogger's Beach Blast "Go ahead, make my blog." : This luscious flavored coffee will make your blog! Featuring a tantalizing combination of chocolate kiss and caramel.
- Blogger's Boot Up Blend "Blogging rocks." : Log on to an amazing medium blend of African, Central and South American coffees. Rich taste and smooth finish for the perfect breakfast blend.
- Blogs of Bravery "The real story in real time." : Front line fuel from a blend of South American dark and medium roasts to create a well balanced, smooth taste.
- Late Night Log In "Blogger Fuel." : Blog on with a very bold, dark roasted blend of South American and island coffees. This coffee is rich with flavor and has a smooth finish.
- New Media Mavericks "Unfiltered truth." : Lead the information reformation with this medium roast from the prized Tarrazu region of Costa Rica. With excellent body and robust richness.
It's a little quirky, but I'm willing to try out some new coffee beans. Good timing, too, as our last five pound bag of Armeno Ethiopian Yirgacheffe beans just ran out. Look for some reviews over the coming week.
Oh, and as a special bonus to both regular readers of this blog, I'll send one of the flavored bags to the first respondents who ask for one. We don't do flavored coffee here, and the thought of actually drinking a "caramel" flavored coffee gives me the willies. So shoot me off an email at email@example.com, tell me your preference ("Pajama Passion" or "Beach Blast", or either one if you don't care) and your address, and I'll get you out a bag on Monday. Good luck!