This is supposed to be a Things On Tuesday, a long time Vox tradition, but hey, better late than never (which is what I added to our Christmas cards as we send them out now). Anyway:
Things I Loathe
- Tension in the morning. Some days, things just go smoothly as we all try to get ready for the day, but most times, they don't. All it takes is one lollygagger and everyone is behind the 8 ball and tension rises. Ugh.
- Snow packed, entombed roads with high snow banks. Can't see, can't maneuver, can't get around. Traffic has been a beast for several weeks now. And I don't even commute!
- Forgetting to mail in rebate forms. Easy money, and yet I'm always dropping the ball on them. Sigh.
- Cars running stop signs. I was nearly sideswiped for the second time in 2 months. Just rolling along a Cambridge side street when a car came flying out from my right, never even slowing down for the stop sign. I jammed on my brakes and came to a stop literally inches from his front bumper, as he slammed to a stop too. Crazy, I tell you.
Things I Love
- My new Subaru. Picked a pretty good winter to get a classic New England winter car, as this AWD Subaru really handles well in the snow. I've had it about a month now, and still haven't found any of those minor annoyances you usually uncover.
- My girls doing great in school. R11.6 was named "Student Of The Month" for January, and she earned it. She works hard, is smart and gets along great. And A10.4's teacher called last night to rave about her "Sharing Project", a book report they read in front of the class as well as an art project they do. She did a "quadrama" with 4 scenes from the book and the teacher just had to call and say how spectacular it all was.
- Paying off credit cards. Always a good thing, right?
- Watching the dog cavort in the snow. There's really no other word that accurately describes how much fun he has in the snow. Cavort is the word.